|Email ID :
|From its inception in 1992, the Enviro club
has been involved in increasing knowledge, creating awareness
and interest among students in all aspects of the environment.
Motto of the Enviro club is “To give each their space”.
| From 2003 under choice based credit system,
Enviro club is considered as one of the units in Extension Activities.
As part of the curriculum, a student can earn one compulsory
and two extra credits by enrolling in the Enviro club.
In this academic year, 180 students have enrolled themselves
in the club
Dr. Mary Pearl
Ms. Pauline R.
Dr. Esther Leena Preethi M.
Ms. Annie Beryl Catherine
Ms. Mary Shruthi Vijaykumar -III B.A. English
Asst. Student Co-ordinator - Steffi Serah Zechariah - II B.A. English
- Black Spot campaign in collaboration with Satyam Foundation conducted in various petrol bunks in the city.
- Noise level surveys in traffic intersections in Chennai city in association with CPR Environmental centre.
- Teynampet Signal (Mount Road)
- Near Women’s Christian College
- Near Egmore Children’s Hospital
- Students participate in the Intercollegiate Coastal Cleanup competition organized by UNEP-SACEP, Indian Coast Guard, NIOT and Loyola College.
- Organizing Ecotours
- Kattupakkam Animal Husbandry research centre.
- Nature walk on campus – to enable students appreciate Biodiversity on campus.
- Vedanthangal Bird Sancturary
- Kattupalli Island – An island with multiple ecosystem such as scrub jungle, coastal ecosystem sand dune vegetation and mangrove vegetation.
- Guest lectures on topics such as
- Essence of life and its value
- Preservation of Natural resources
- Waste recycling in collaboration with microbes
- Student Seminars on
- Biocontrol of insects
- Energy Resources & Its Conservation
- Hazards of Plastics
- Biomedical waste management
- Campus Projects include
- Library Project – Students help in shelving the books and maintain discipline in the library.
- Gardening – A small garden is maintained by the students near Science block, Mildred Allen Block, Nursery School and Botany garden.
- Vermicomposting – Compost using earthworm
- Paper bag making
|Future plans :
- Tree survey and Tree Planting on campus.
- Recycling of waste by installing biogas plant.
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Booklet on Herbal home remedies.