Information Resource Centre(Library)
|Thesis & Dissertations||1070|
Full Text Journals
Peer Reviewed Journals
|Journals (Print form)||60|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||6250|
Timings: 7.30 a.m till 6 p.m
Email ID : email@example.com
The college Library is the nerve centre of all the academic activities of the college. The students and the faculty make profound use of the information resources and services offered by the college library.The Library aims at catering to the information needs of its clientele for their curricular, co-curricular and extra curricular activities. The well stacked and regularly updated information resources and services mainly concentrate on providing the right information to its users at the right time with the newly updated technological innovations.
The Information Resource Centre of the college is housed in a separate two-storied building in the most prominent location of the college campus. The IRC with a plinth area of 23,510 sq.ft. and a carpet area of 16,787.42 sq.ft is accessible to the entire college community. With two large reading halls and a reference hall covering 8,304.694 sq.ft. and a total stack area of 4,355 sq.ft., the spacious, well-furnished IRC provides a highly conducive ambience for reading and research. Further the IRC also has a reception area, display zones, faculty and student internet browsing centers and a seminar room for holding meetings and seminars. The display areas for books and journals are quite useful for display of latest arrivals.
There is an exclusive internet access facility for faculty and a Students’ browsing centre for students in the Library. The reprographic section fulfills the requirement of the students and faculty.
The subjects covered form a wide spectrum of disciplines. Hence the information resources of the library provide information for the intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and recreational needs of the college community.
The library follows the fully open access system and it is fully automated. The competitive Examination Centre caters to the civil services aspirants and others preparing for any such examination. The Book Bank facility is available for the needy students.
Ms. Lisa Sheba Rani J, M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil., NET
Librarian (Shift II)
Facilities and Activities
- The computerized management of library operations, computer based retrieval of information, computer networking and Internet services of the Library saves the time of the Library users.
- Orientation programme on usage of online databases is conducted every year for Faculty members, PG students and Reserach Scholars.
- Hands on experience is provided to all the First Year students on the usage of OPAC and Online resources.
- New books, Journals and CD resources are regularly displayed as a part of current awareness service.
- Faculty Internet Access Centre provides high speed internet access exclusively for faculty and researchers.
- Internet Browsing Centre for students equips them with global digital information
- The Internet facility in the library ensures access to the worldwide on-line databases.
- The Local Area Networking (LAN) is to be expanded connecting all the departments on campus.
- More PC terminals to be added enhancing the better access to the On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) by many simultaneous users in the Library.
- Building up of CD collection especially the self-learning packages for the students preparing for the competitive examinations.
- To implement Wide Area Networking facility, that will enable the Library to be hooked with other libraries locally and at the national and international levels in a phased manner.
- Creation of a Digital Library is the ultimate goal of the Library.
- “Cool Spot” is planned for facilitating relaxed reading exclusively for the students.